APPLICATIONS & FILE TYPES
- Adobe Illustrator (preferred)
- PDF (2nd choice)
- Adobe EPS – can sometimes encounter limitations
- Adobe InDesign – can sometimes encounter limitations
- Adobe Photoshop – can sometimes encounter limitations
- Include all fonts (including fonts used in supporting files) or convert type to outlines.
- Include all supporting files/links (for example – layered PSD files, Tiffs, jpegs).
- If possible, include a PDF export of your artwork so that we can see all elements that need to print.
- TQL will provide customers with secure access to our Sharefile system where files can be uploaded and reviewed. Email and customer FTP/dropbox sites are also options.
BAR CODE SPECIFICATIONS
- UPC Standards: 80% minimum size
- Barcodes are recommended to be printed in black.
- Barcode orientation can vary by package type.
- Text minimums: Positive Printing: 4 point | Reverse Printing: 5 point & bold
- Line minimums: Positive Printing: 0.4 point | Reverse Printing: 0.5 point
- Set Document Raster Settings to High (300 ppi) in Illustrator
- Ensure white is not set to overprint.
- Ensure PMS colors are not set to 0%.
- Please avoid trapping. Trapping will be performed by our art department.
IMAGES / LINKS
- All images are a minimum of 300 dpi.
- All images are CMYK, or Grayscale.
- Maintain layers in all Photoshop images when applicable.
- Gradients and images should carry a minimum of one percent dot to avoid drop offs.
- Process color and spot color gradients need to be built using separate elements that are multiplied (over-print).
COLOR & SWATCHES
- Four color process printing should be limited to use in images/photos. Use of PMS colors is preferred for text.
- Note: Pantone® colors are used for the most accurate color matching.
- Swatches pallet should consist of Pantone® Solid Coated Library.