APPLICATIONS & FILE TYPES
- Adobe Illustrator (preferred- save as 2020 version or later)
- PDF (2nd choice)
- Adobe EPS
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Include all fonts, including fonts used in supporting files. If fonts cannot be sent, then convert type to outlines.
- Include all supporting files/links (for example – layered PSD files, Tiffs, jpegs).
- Provide an up-to-date PDF export of your artwork with all text changes if applicable.
- Dielines should be in your artwork file at the true size and clearly marked. Set the dieline as a spot color and label it “Dieline”.
BAR CODE SPECIFICATIONS
- UPC Standards: 80% minimum size – 120% maximum size
- Text minimums: Positive Printing: 4 point | Reverse Printing: 5 point & bold
- Line minimums: Positive Printing: 0.4 point | Reverse Printing: 0.5 point
- Set Document Raster Settings to High in Illustrator (300 ppi or higher preferred)
- Place all type using Adobe Illustrator when possible.
- Set overprint to “ON” when designing artwork.
- Please avoid trapping. Trapping will be performed by our art department.
IMAGES / LINKS
- All images are 300 dpi or higher.
- Images should be in CMYK or Grayscale mode. RGB mode will not convert to CMYK process accurately and could alter colors.
- Maintain layers in all Photoshop images when applicable.
- Gradients and images should carry a minimum of one percent dot to avoid drop offs.
COLOR & SWATCHES / INKS
- Four color process printing should be limited to use in images/photos. Use of PMS colors is preferred for text.
- White ink should be set as a PMS ink and functional like all other inks in the artwork.
- Note: Pantone® colors are used for the most accurate color matching.
- Swatches pallet should consist of Pantone® Library.
- TQL will provide customers with secure access to our Siteline system where files can be uploaded and reviewed. Email, tqlinc.Box.com, and customer FTP/dropbox sites are also options for submitting files.